Wednesday, January 13, 2010

One Left-Hander's Kitchen Adventures

I've decided to start this new blog dedicated solely to my love for cooking and baking. This year I aspire to increase my skills, talents and risks in the land of the kitchen and want to share these with all of you! From here on out, I'm striving to better myself in the kitchen, make more things from scratch, make thing with my twist, and to just have a lot of fun. I'll be using this blog to share my adventures, quotes or whit, books, recipes and anything else that pertains to the subject at hand.

To start, I came up with the name of this blog based on a left handed spoon my mother bought me for Christmas (or maybe it was from Santa!) two years ago . . . if you know me, you know two things . . . I'm left handed, and I love being in the kitchen! I often point out the fact that the world is made for all you right handers, which makes life in the kitchen a littler tricker for us "south-paws!" This particular spoon is angled for a "lefty" and makes the life of a stirrer much easier!

I hope you enjoy this journey as much as I do, and if your lucky you may be the recipient of my creations, I'm always in the market for samplers! For now I'll leave you with this little quote . . .

"Relationships are complicated, cooking comes with instructions"

No comments: